I have been served with lawsuit paperwork . . . what do I do now?

Contact an attorney immediately to schedule a consultation if you have been formally served with paperwork notifying you of a lawsuit. A default judgment may be entered against you adversely affecting your rights if you fail to file an Answer to a lawsuit in a timely manner.